Braun Ear Thermometers work best with Braun LF40 Lens Filters. Take your temperature accurately and hygienically with these replacement lens filters for Braun thermometers. Designed to comfortably fit ThermoScan Ear Thermometers, this pack includes 40 lens filters, allowing you to protect your sensor from scratches and dirt for maximum hygiene between use. Each filter may only be used once, reducing the risk of contamination.
The ear is regarded as the most reliable place to get a consistent reading of the humans core body temperature. You should measure your child's temperature regularly to understand their normal reading, so you can recognise signs of fever early.
How do Braun Ear Thermometers Work?
1. Eardrum emits infrared radiation.
2. Infrared radiation passes through the lens filter.
3. Depending on the specifications (material, thickness, production process etc.) the lens filter lets pass a reduced amount of infrared radiation.
4. The sensor of the device receives a reduced amount of infrared radiation.
5. With a complex algorithm specially adjusted on the specifications of Braun lens filters the ThermoScan ear thermometer converts the infrared radiation into a temperature being shown on the display.
An infrared ear thermometer and the lens filter always work as a system. To get an accurate reading it is mandatory to align specifications of device and lens filter.
Cross contamination is virtually eliminated with use of LF40 disposable filters.